There's lots of ways to protect your treasure when you're shipping a package. Here's some of our favorite ways to save 💸
- Keep your package under 1 pound! If you can make your package weigh 15.99 ounces or less, you'll save the most with the cheapest USPS shipping service, First Class Package.
- Optimize your packaging! If your items weigh more than 1 pound, the smaller you can make your package the more you'll save with Priority Mail Cubic.
- Use an envelope instead of a box! Not only are poly mailers lighter than boxes, but the way USPS calculates Cubic pricing with envelopes is more generous. Learn more about Priority Mail Cubic Softpack.
- Stop using Regional Rate or Medium/Large Flat Rate Boxes! Regional Rate and Medium/Large Flat Rate Boxes cost up to $10 more than using your own packaging or the free USPS Mailing Boxes.
- Save on label printing costs! Switching to a thermal label printer can save you anywhere from 5 to 50 cents per shipment due to the high cost of paper and ink. That adds up fast! Check out our printer recommendations.
- Save more on international shipping! You can save up to $28 per package with Pirate Ship's exclusive Simple Export Rate service. 95% of the world lives outside the USA... lower shipping rates will help you get those sales!
Need some help? Use the blue chat button on the bottom right of your screen to send us a message... we're here for ya!