Tax returns, checks, and passports are a few critical items that require you to send out every so often. Learn about how to properly send these types of items, and the different services you can use 👍

The IRS prefers you to send tax returns and checks via Certified Mail

While you can technically ship tax documents in rigid envelopes, paying for a shipping service such as First Class Package or Priority Mail isn't the best way to do so. Instead, the IRS prefers you to use Certified Mail service to send year-end taxes, which is basically First-Class Mail with a tracking number for you to follow along with.

Unfortunately, Certified Mail isn't a service that Pirate Ship offers. You'll need to go to your local Post Office to access that 😉

For sending passports, use a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope

Passports are thicker than paper documents, so it's best not to mail them at all. Instead, we suggest using a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope to ship these. Priority Mail Flat Rate is faster than Certified Mail, and comes with full tracking every step of the way.

Learn more about how to create flat rate labels on Pirate Ship.

Keep auto-refund timelines in mind

If you're sending out documents with an additional label for a return service back to you, keep in mind that Pirate Ship automatically refunds labels after 28 days if they don't get used within that time, and Return Labels are auto-refunded after 90 😅

Have any questions? Chat with our Support Crew and we'll lend a helping hook in any way we can 😃

Did this answer your question?