Getting Setup on Pirate Ship
1. You must switch the Label Size on Pirate Ship in Settings / General Settings, to 2x7" labels before you can buy 2x7" labels.
Note: Certain features are not supported in the 2x7 inch format. If any of the noted features are necessary for your shipments, we recommend leave this setting to 4x6” and getting a 4x6" inch label printer or you can print with your desktop printer too.
2. Make sure to click Save at the bottom!
3. Now you can Buy a 2x7" label.
How to print labels from different web browsers
First, click the giant green Print Label button in Pirate Ship.
In Chrome, you'll see Pirate Ship will generate a label preview. And if you put your cursor over it, you'll notice a small printer icon to click in the top right.
Firefox does not support in-line PDFs like Chrome. We recommend using Chrome, but if you must use Firefox, just click Download PDF, and then on the printer icon in the top right.
In Edge, click Open Label in New Tab and then on the printer icon in the top right.
Setting Default Settings
For our first print, before we click the Print button, let’s set default settings by going to Printers & Scanners, selecting the Printer you want to Manage, and clicking Printing Preferences. The preference box and option names are different for each printer.
Example we’re using the DYMO LabelWriter 450 and Brother QL-800.
- Click on Advanced.
- For Paper Size select 99019 Large Lever Arch.
- You can get super sharp prints by changing the Quality Setting under the Paper/Quality tab, to Best. But for me, I like the default print speed to quality ratio.
- For Paper Size select 7 inch postage label.
Note: Windows may call the default Paper Size "2.4" in browsers after preferences are saved, instead of "7 inch postage label," which can be confusing but it should still work!
- It's recommended that Quality be set to Give priority to print quality.
- Under the Advanced tab and Half-tone, select For Logo & Text.
Note: If given the option, ensure your Color is set to "2 Color" and not "Monochrome"!
When your default settings are set, Click Apply or Okay.
In Chrome, Firefox and Edge, Select the correct printer, and click… Print!
And for some instances in Firefox, click Okay to print.
You can't use 2x7" labels for international shipments
You can't print customs forms on 2x7" labels, so you can't use them for international shipments. If you need to make an international label, just switch back to the 4x6" label size and use a regular desktop printer or a 4x6" label printer.
Questions or comments?
You can use the Search at the top of the page, or use the Chat and send us a message. We’re always here to lend ye a hook!