When USPS issues an APV adjustment on a package you shipped through Pirate Ship, you will receive a notification to the email address associated with your account that details:
- The tracking number for the shipment, linked to the label in Pirate Ship
- The reason for the adjustment
- The amount charged or credited to your Pirate Ship account
Because the USPS APV Program is automated, and processes every package shipped via USPS (regardless of where the postage was purchased), it sometimes makes mistakes 😅 If you're sure your package is what you said, we can file a dispute for you!
To begin a dispute, contact our customer support team via the automated adjustment email you received, or chat in with the tracking number of the adjusted shipment.
While evidence is not mandatory for the dispute process, it can increase the likelihood of your dispute being approved! Evidence can include:
- A photo of the item shipped, the original shipment, or an identical shipment
- An invoice or online listing of the item shipped
- A photo of the packaging you used (if a packaging type adjustment)
If you have any questions or concerns about any adjustments that USPS has made to your account, just contact Pirate Ship's customer support and we'll help you figure it out.